One of the things I wanted this blog to be when I first started it was a place for people to find things to do. The Coloradoan always has things going on in the next 3 days, and there are various other places to go to find out what’s going on. But what we need is a sort of one-stop-shopping. The Discover Fort Collins magazine has a pretty good list of events and I try to grab a copy when I see it, but then I have to dig through all of the ads to even find the calendar.
So going forward I’m going to start listing things that are going on in the Fort Collins area. This will only cover Fort Collins today but future posts will include Loveland and other surrounding areas where possible.
So I’ll start with what’s going on this weekend.
Friday, August 13 and Saturday, August 14
* 40th Annual Pack2School Event
Northside Aztlan Community Center
112 E. Willow Street
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
At the Education and Life Training Center’s 40th Annual Pack2School event, students from low income families will have the opportunity to purchase backpacks filled with this year’s necessary school supplies for just $5 per child!
Friday, August 13
Perseid Meteor Showers
Soapstone Prairie Natural Area
7:45 pm to 11:00 pm
Saturday, August 14
* Meet the Animals: Slide your hand over a snake, touch a turtle’s shell, listen to a cockroach lullaby! Join us for hands-on fun with the Museum’s live animal collection.
* Tracks, Scat & Fur: Touch the tracks, match the scat, and feel the fur of Rocky Mountain animals. Play the Animal Poo game or make your own track field guide to take home
Fort Collins Museum & Discovery Science Center
200 Mathews St.
11am to 2pm
* Drake Road Farmer’s Market
802 W. Drake Road
10am to 1pm
This week featuring peaches and sweet corn and music by Tony Rosario.
* Habitat for Humanity’s 12th annual “Pasta In The Rockies”
Westminster Presbyterian Church
5:30 to 9 PM
Enjoy a fine meal of Pappardelle’s Pasta, Salad (from Grant Farm), gourmet desserts and live music. Free will offerings will be accepted.
Lowe’s Build and Grow Clinic
Lowe’s in Front Range Village
10 – 11am
Build a bug box
Sunday, August 15
* City Park Pool is closing for the season. Sunday is the last day for the pool and the paddle boats! Both are open from 10am to 3pm.
* Sunday night is the Pooch Plunge from 5:30 to 7pm. Bring your four-footed furry friend for a swim at City Park to end the summer swim season. The Pooch Plunge is also held Monday night. Check out the City Park website for more information.
* Larimer County’s Downtown Farmer’s Market
Larimer County Courthouse Parking Lot
200 W. Oak Street, Old Town Fort Collins
8am to 12pm
* Rocky Mountain Old-Time Music Concert
Old Town Square Stage
5pm to 8pm
Come listen to local old-time music on the old town stage August 15th from 5-8 pm. The concert, featuring musicians from several different local bands, is a fundraiser for the first annual Rocky Mountain Old-Time Music Festival in Fort Collins, CO (to take place on August 28, 2010). The festival will showcase traditional forms of fiddle and banjo-focused music with performances, workshops, and dance. Please contact Marke Foxworthy for additional information @ firstname.lastname@example.org